Thursday, August 5, 2010

First Thursday

Tonight, I'm going to perform some comedy at First Thursday. For those of you Honoluluans familiar with the event, First Thursday is a poetry slam, I'm aware, but there's no rules which means I can do whatever the hell I want. Maybe I'll whip it out on stage...by it, I mean my sarcasm and wit.

Originally, I was going to make Filipino jokes to appease the multi-ethnic crowd of Hawaii, but since Prop 8 got overturned yesterday, I think I'm going to go with the gay jokes. It's more adult oriented and runs a bigger risk of not vibing with the audience, but gay marriage is hot right now. It's easily the biggest news going around, and it would be foolish of me to ignore the comedic timing of it all.

Plus, I can test out my Linda Lingle jokes.

"I'm not saying she's a lesbian, but let's just say she looks like Gov. Schwarzennegger in drag."

No comments:

Post a Comment